Special House Phone
Save a fortune on phone charges
We have a special landline in the villa, with a UK telephone number.
It’s best if you request it early, or it might not be there or enabled when you arrive. To use it, just pick up and dial.
- 2-4cents/minute call rates to most fixed lines in the world. (100cents = €1=£0.90)
- No inbound call charges
- Give your friends a cheap number to call you on
- Calls to mobiles – some savings too: available on special request only, & extra deposit needed
- Price: €18 + call charges. (Different if you are staying longer than 2 weeks)
Thanks to international mobile roaming rates (very expensive), with 8 of us we used to usually end up spending €150 on calls in a week in Spain, often more, and we used to get charged for receiving calls too, at the same high rates. The Special House Phone cuts out this excess.
The cost of calls to UK, USA, Ireland, Canada, France, Germany, Spain, Japan, China, Australia is similar.
Some other things it will do for you
- It's not Skype ! You don't need to have a computer turned on to make or receive calls.
- There are two such phones in the house, one in the living room, one in the kitchen.
- The UK number can be handy. You can pretend you’re working in London all the time. Give it to your friends or colleagues before you set off, and save them (and you) the usual expense.
- You can set up the phone to forward calls onto your mobile if you don't answer it (because you're out and about somewhere, or skiing, etc), if mobile calls are enabled and paid for.
- You can silence it at night ! (Flashing light only).
How you can get "permission" to use it
Click the box on the reservation form when you
book the house, or go to the visitorpages before
you set off, and you can reserve it by selecting the amount of call credit you envisage using (in multiples of €15). The phone will be enabled for your use when you arrive if you don't leave this til too late.
We'll send you the phone number to give to your friends before you set off to Granada.