Getting to Granada
- Ryanair flies directly to Granada Airport
from London Stansted, from Milan, Bologna, Madrid, Girona and from Liverpool. The Airport is a short distance form the city.
- There are also direct flights with other airlines from Granada Airport to Madrid, Barcelona and others, with onward fligths to most European destinations. There are flights from Malaga Airport to most major European cities in Germany, France, Italy and all major European countries.
- Granada airport is 15 minutes away, and Malaga airport is 90 mins.
- Malaga is also served directly from Madrid and several Spanish airports.
- Bus connections from Malaga and Granada airports
to Granada - see below.
- Collection from & delivery to the airport is available on request.
- You don't really need a car in Granada, and for the days you do you can
rent locally from one of the many local firms in Granada,
such as "Fortuna" on Calle Infanta Beatriz,2 (near Camino de Ronda),
tel +34 958 52 02 20, email firstname.lastname@example.org,
mob 609 58 18 41. There is an even closer car hire firm in Plaza Nueva,
2 minutes walk from the house. You can rent by the day.
- Car hire from www.easyrentacar.com is as little as €25 per day in
the low season available from Malaga.
- Since the villa is so central, if you’re remaining in Granada
you don’t really need a car, however there is a
Mercedes available on request should you wish to explore further afield.
Most locals for example prefer to walk everywhere within Granada, since
most things are within 15 minutes from the centre of the city.
- It is not possible to drive to the front door. You have to park in the
street or a car park and walk a short distance. On the day of your arrival
and departure, the caretaker help you to carry your bags if you ask nicely
- Frequent air-conditioned buses from Malaga to Granada
or back. Runs every hour on the hour from 7am to 9pm, 8pm excepted,
with extra 10pm bus on Fridays. Costs around €8, takes 90 mins on
the non-stop bus, extra 15 mins on the stopping bus. Malaga bus station
Tel (0034) 95 235 0061 for latest info, and email email@example.com.
Stops at Granada bus station, on the Northern edge of the centre, from where
local bus or taxi will take you to the villa in 10 minutes, ask for Plaza
- Bus from Granada airport, €3, Tel 958 27 86 77. From
the airport at 9.05, and at regular intervals until after the last flight has landed.
From Granada at regular intervals, broadly synchronised with flight times.
Stops include all bus stops on Gran Vía, a 4 minute walk from the villa.
Taxis also available, about 15km (9miles)..
- Regular bus service in winter from Granada Bus Station to the ski-station
at 8am and 10am.
- Inexpensive train services connect Granada with all the major cities in
Spain (www.renfe.es). Charming, but slow.
Finding the villa
- The visitor info page gives details and maps of how to get to the villa
itself. Note that the villa is in the ancient quarter of Granada,
and that you cannot get directly to the villa by car. Please
let us know if you need any help with carrying bags on your arrival.
As with many places in this part of the world, there is a 2 minute uphill
walk involved, including steps, which may not be ideal for the infirm
- We may be able to collect you from Malaga Airport. Please tick
the box on the booking enquiry page.